DISCIPLESHIP - ST. MICHAEL PARISH SCHOOL OF RELIGION
Discipleship continues the teaching mission of Jesus by providing catechesis to the children of our parish attending public school. Classes for children in grades 1-8 are provided every Sunday (11:15 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.) and Tuesday (6:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.) from September through April. Our aim is to ensure that our students are spiritually fed and competent in matters of faith and Church teaching.
Would you like to help out?
FROGS - FRIENDS OF GOD'S SON
We wish to invite all 3, 4 and 5 year olds to FROGS! Join us each Sunday during the 10:00 A.M. Mass, September-April, as we discover together what it means to be a friend of Jesus. Hear awesome stories about Jesus...sing...play...create! No need to pre-register. Drop-off and pick-up is held in the auditorium.
ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL CATHOLIC PARISH SUNDAY NURSERY PROGRAM
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
VBS is a one-week summer program for children from 4-years-old through 5th grade. VBS provides and excellent opportunity to learn more about Jesus in a fun-filled atmosphere with Bible Study, games, crafts, music and snacks!
HOME-BASED RELIGIOUS EDUCATION - St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Parish Guildelines
The Diocese of Toledo has had guidelines for pastors and catechetical leaders for several years regarding the responsibilities of both the parish leaders and the parents who choose to home-school their children. St. Michael the Archangel Parish has tailored our parish’s guidelines based on those of the diocese. All parents who home-school should become familiar with these guidelines (listed below) so together we can best serve your family.
- Regular Catechesis/Religious Education
- Each family is to complete the Home-Based Religious Education registration form.
- The parents are to schedule a meeting with the DRE or representative to discuss a suitable catechetical plan.
- If the parents are choosing to use a textbook series other than that recommended by the parish, the parents are to seek approval of textbook and materials from the DRE.
- Students should meet periodically with the DRE or representative to review progress. (Recommend 2nd, 4th and 7th grade years.)
- Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist
- Parents are to attend the parish Parent Meetings provided for parents with children at St. Michael who wish to prepare and receive these sacraments. (Usually at 2nd grade year.)
- Students will meet with DRE or representative to ensure properly prepared.
- The students are encouraged to participate in the parish celebrations of these sacraments.
- Sacrament of Confirmation
- Parents and students are to attend the Parent/Candidate meeting, which is held each spring for those who wish to prepare for and celebrate the sacrament of confirmation the following year.
- The students are to attend the Confirmation Camp and other activities scheduled throughout the year related to confirmation preparation.
- The students will participate in the parish celebration of Confirmation along with the SMS and CCD students.
For more information or to register please contact Geri Leibfarth at 419-422-2646 or [email protected]